Tuesday, April 27, 2010

CONTINUATION OF DAY 8

I was happy to have fresh romaine for a lunch salad, and ecstatic when I realized I had some leftover chicken to add! And smiling at me from my kitchen counter was a partial bag with a handful of pecans...lunch would be AWESOME! I chopped the chicken, toasted the pecans, threw them all together and then gave some thought to a dressing. Eureka...I had one of those tiny containers of Wendy's Honey Mustard (I told you this blog would be a view into my soul), and an almost empty bottle of Nathan's mustard. I mix the Wendy's honey mustard in with the Nathan's, add about a tablespoon or so of Smoky Mountains Sourwood Honey from what is too soon to be an empty jar, add a splash of vegetable oil and shake it up. It's delicious! I am so looking forward to lunch!

Rolling in from work knowing I have multiple loads of laundry to get through before I leave town in a couple of days, I'm thankful I have my leftover broccoli white pizza from Sunday night. Should I stuff myself and finish it all? My decision is no, thanks to the fact that I'd have to confess that on the blog ( or would I?). So I now have a third meal from that Sunday night pizza!
Stating for the world here, or at least my few readers, in PETRB(pre- emptying the refrigerator blog) I would have finished it - or shared it with Wiley who would have somehow managed to avoid the broccoli and only eaten the pizza dough and cheese. But he's got plenty of food now that I've made my grocery store trip and is wanting for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment