Thursday, April 29, 2010

PICTURES? I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' PICTURES!

But actually I do... a good friend has advised me to add photos to all of this. And she's right - I missed the bet on snapping shots of my refrigerators/freezers/pantry when I started. But images will have to wait until I return from my business/vacation days away and figure out how to add them. For now, words alone will have to paint the picture - sort of like an old radio show.

Back in time 24 hours - yes, a drive through Wendy's burger(sandwich only, no cheese, extra, extra, extra pickles and lettuce) was last night's dinner up in Jupiter. Moving on to this morning...

As I still had leftover pork hash from Sunday's breakfast, I heat that up, sans eggs, and race out the door. A truncated sleep session last night because of the long trip home after the play (which was well worth it, really fine actors and some "new blood" to work with.) Lunch will have to be take-out.

And Pasha's, the Middle Eastern fast food spot near the office, fills the bill - with no leftovers!

Another late arrival from work tonight, and no previously planned/defrosted meal. I am aware that almost everything I've been consuming is from the freezer and decide I'd better start making use of pantry items. I'm shocked to learn that I have NO beans except something called Southern Style Field Peas and for the life of me cannot imagine why I ever bought them. Had to be a coupon. Or a really good deal of some sort. Those will have to wait for a time when I have working brain cells that can be creative. I also find a can of Baked Beans (another questionable purchase, but hey, doesn't every home need baked beans just in case there's a last minute barbecue?) Well, no barbecue tonight, but an old- fashioned plate of Beanie Weenies - of course I have hot dogs in the freezer, don't you? - along with a wedge of Jalapeno corn bread that's tucked into a freezer drawer and I've come up with another "memory meal." You know, those meals from childhood that we're not allowed to eat any more because of the sodium, preservatives, etc. Top it off with a vanilla cupcake that I've also defrosted and dinner is done.

I'm good, but thinking that tomorrow is my last day before I leave and what will happen to my broccoli and lettuce? It won't survive my absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment